Thursday, December 1, 2011

Oriflame Beauty Nail Food / Nail nourisher

I brought this along with the nail enamel from Oriflame which I have already reviewed and liked. This one I am not so sure about however.

Now for the product review: 
Where did I buy: From an Oriflame rep.
Price: Normally cost is 179/- ,but i got it on a discount at 149/-.
Quantity-7 ml.

Pic coutesy:http://in.oriflame.com/products/product-detail.jhtml?prodCode=18937


What the catalog says about Oriflame Beauty Nail Food:

Revitalizes and restores weak nails
With nourishing natural berry oils
Non-greasy and quickly absorbed

My Opinion:
Let me tell you that I used it as was instructed in their brochure. So after I took out my nail paint with remover I applied a layer of it. Now the bottle has a yellow colored liquid but on applying it had a translucent layer with a veryyy mild sweetish fragrance (good nothing overpowering). I don’t know why but I had this notion that it was supposed to dry just like my oriflame nail enamel did so even after 10 mins when it was not dried I lost my little patience and touched it ,then wiped it off after some time.
Now the second time I kept it on and it takes 1 hr to absorb, I was confused as to whether it was absorbed by my nails or the cuticles and area around nails.
Now the product err.. Nail food had oils definitely but it had a very watery consistency. It was non greasy as mentioned but not quickly absorbed it takes a decent hour to absorb if you haven’t already impatiently wiped it off some how. Well honestly I dint like it much since I would probably use any other oil for nourishment. The product confuses me: oil inside a nail paint bottle and applied with a nail paint brush.
Another thing is that most of the product is absorbed by cuticles and area around nails so if you already have a cuticle gel (I have avon vitamin C enriched cuticle gel) then you can probably skip this product.

+ves:
One good thing is the very Mild berry smell.
Non Greasy.
Can be easily applied with a nail paint brush.

-ves:
 Too costly
No instant result though my cuticles were moistened all rite.
Can be easily substituted by any body oil. 

An interesting childhood anecdote which I remembered was when I was a kid my maternal uncle (choto mama) had to bathe me up and before that he used to rub himself and me with lots of mustard oil and made a point to put a drop of oil on each finger and toe nail for both of us. He said that it would give us shiny nails and to this day he has a very good skin and nails :) 

Well this product will definitely last me long but after I finish it I don't plan on repurchasing 
Please comment on whether u found this review useful.  




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, this product does not show any immediate results :(

Esha said...

i tried it just some minutes ago.And yeah it definitely takes too much time .... But can it make my nails long ?? :P someone please tell me . I love to keep my nails long.Will this product work ???

Anonymous said...

i just thought it would be like a a nailpolish wen it cmes to drying....but OMG even aftr hour of applying it ... it still doesnt get dry....irritated i wiped it off!!!

Anonymous said...

I think (was told at the Oriflame party) that you rub it in to the cuticles and nails. Thats what I do and then withing minutes it is dry.

Sophiesticat said...

I used it at least 5 times a day for a week, by rubbing it into my cuticles. It has made miracles for my nails - they are shiny and look healthy, plus they are less brittle.
Maybe you should try doing this... ^_^

Anonymous said...

@esha you can use oriflame growth booster, it really works... i mean, it definately takes some time to absorb but it is very usefull... if you aply it as it says, 2 times a day for the first week and then 1 time a day, it will help you nails grow, belive me, i used it and untill then my nails were growing less than a milimeter per 2-3 months...

Unknown said...

ummmm....plzzx dear users suggest should i buy it..! coz i'd rather hv mny things to buy.....

Radhika said...

@Apeksha: Yes u can buy it but it can be easily substituted with any other bodyoil.

Creative Cushion said...

Thank goodness I read the review before buying it! Will be skipping this one for sure! Thank you for saving my hard-earned bucks!!

sonia said...

Hi all,
Thanks for your comments they helped a lot, sorry for not replying for the longest time.
this product can be given a miss, cos u can replace this with any other kind of nourishing oil, if u regularly apply oil/cream will give same results, or u can buy this because of the novelty of the product and it has a nice smell :) hope this addresses some of the confusion